The mission of the Remember Niger Coalition is to unify people and mobilize resources in order to expand quality educational opportunities in Niger. We are unique in that we partner with and support Nigeriens who have a remarkable vision for their country.
- Individuals, groups, organizations and churches committed to working in unity to accomplish our common purpose.
- The members of a Christian denomination in Niger, the EERN, who are in the process of creating a private school system in order to transform their country spiritually, socially and economically. Each of them has been impacted and changed by Christian education and recognizes its transformative power.
How We Accomplish Our Mission
- The vision and plan for each school system stems from Nigeriens who “own” and have a large stake in the project. Partners can be confident that their contributions will be used prudently.
- Remember Niger assists the leaders in Niger in setting priorities and coordinates support accordingly. Partners can be certain that their contributions and participation will be fruitful and effective.
- Remember Niger is a small non-profit organization. This allows partners to tailor their funding, see the impact it has through updates, presentations and cultural exchanges, as well as have a direct relationship with their partners in Niger, if desired.
- Remember Niger continually recruits new partners, which multiplies the impact of existing support.
Board of Directors
Kara VanderKamp, President — Executive Director, Remember Niger Coalition
Anne Davis, Vice President — Art Consultant, Washington, DC
Cathy Hickman, Treasurer — Business Administrator, Stat-Ease, Inc., Minneapolis, MN
Karen Pepin, Secretary — Teacher and Church Organist, Lake Elmo, MN
Paul Colton — Manager, Fleet Services, Metropolitan Council, St. Paul, MN
Lee De Young — Vice President for International Ministry, Words of Hope, Grand Rapids, MI; Vice President of Synod for the Reformed Church in America
Joan Nichols — Writing Center Tutor at Inver Hills Community College, Inver Grove Heights, MN
Robert Bell — Partner, Hughes Hubbard & Reed, Washington, DC
Ty DeWitte — Account Manager, Ship-Pac/HP Products, Kalamazoo, MI
Kara VanderKamp, Executive Director
Julie Frye, Marketing & Communications Director
Amy Blom, Sponsorship Coordinator
Governing Documents & Financial Statements
All governing documents and filings, including the most recent IRS Form 990, IRS Form 1023, IRS Determination Letter, By-Laws, and Articles of Incorporation are available upon request. Summary financial statements are published in print via our Annual Report, and are also available on our website’s Annual Report page. Please contact us if you would like additional information.