The Remember Niger Coalition respects your privacy. We value your trust in us and strive to be responsible in the management of your information and support.
Our Collection of your Personal Information
The information we collect may include your personal information, such your first and last name, e-mail address, postal address, phone number, and other similar contact data, IP addresses, and other things that may identify you. We collect personal information from you at several different points, including but not limited to the following:
- when we correspond with you as a prospective or current donor;
- when you provide data to process payments for donations;
- when you visit our web site;
- when you register and create an account on our web site; and
- when you contact us for information or to answer questions.
Our Use of your Personal Information
Our Organization may use information that we collect about you to:
- manage your donor relationship with us;
- communicate with you by e-mail, postal mail, telephone and/or mobile devices about programs or projects that may be of interest to you from us;
- manage our Organization;
- perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
Our Use and Disclosure of Third Parties to Process your Personal Information
Remember Niger Coalition does not sell, share, rent, or trade any personal information with unrelated third parties. However, our Organization uses third party vendors such as payment processors, cloud hosting services and suppliers to serve the needs of our Organization and constituents. In some cases, we may need to disclose or transfer your personal data within our Organization or to third parties. When we do so, we take steps to ensure that personal data is processed, secured, and transferred according to applicable law.
We may share information collected with third parties during the normal course of operating our Organization, and in the ways that are described in this Privacy Statement:
- we may provide your information to our vendors or service providers who perform functions on our behalf. These third parties are expected to honor this Privacy Statement and are also expected to follow all laws in their jurisdiction(s) with respect to Privacy and Personal Data Collection;
- third party contractors may have access to our databases. These contractors are expected to honor this Privacy Statement;
- as required by government officials or other third parties pursuant to any legal process or requirement applicable to our Organization; and
- other third parties only with your specific consent to do so.
Our Security Measures to Protect your Personal Information
Our Organization uses industry-standard technologies when transferring and receiving data exchanged between us and other companies to help ensure its security. This site has security measures in place to help protect information under our control from the risk of accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, alteration or unauthorized disclosure or access. However, “perfect security” does not exist on the Internet. Also, if this web site contains links to other sites, our Organization is not responsible for the security practices or the content of such sites.
Our web site uses “cookies.” Cookies are text files we place in your computer’s browser to store your preferences. Cookies, by themselves, do not tell us your e-mail address or other personally identifiable information unless you choose to provide this information to us by, for example, registering for an account on our web site. However, once you choose to furnish the site with personal information, this information may be linked to the data stored in the cookie. More specifically:
- If you leave a comment on our site, you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
- If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
- When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
- If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
You have many choices with regards to the management of cookies on your computer. All major browsers allow you to block or delete cookies from your system. To learn more about your ability to manage cookies, please consult the privacy features in your browser.
Web Analytics Services
Links to other web sites
It is generally not our practice to link to other web sites. However, if we do, we will make an effort to link only to sites that meet similar standards for maintaining each individual’s right to privacy. However, many other sites that are not associated with or authorized by our Organization may have links leading to our site. Our Organization cannot control these links and we are not responsible for any content appearing on these sites. Since this web site does not control the privacy policies of third parties, you are subject to the privacy practices of that third party. We encourage you to ask questions before you disclose any personal information to others.
Our Retention of your Personal Information
We will retain any personal information only for as long as is necessary to fulfill the business purpose for which it was collected. We will also retain and use your personal information for as long as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
International Transfers of your Personal Information
Information collected from you may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country in which our Organization, third party agents or contractors maintain facilities, and by accessing our sites and using our services, you consent to any such transfer of information outside of your country.
Your Access to and Updating of your Personal Information
We strive to keep all personal data that we hold accurate, complete and up-to-date. You have the right to correct or amend your personal data if it is inaccurate or requires updating. You also have the right to request deletion of your personal data. Please note that such a request could be refused because your personal data is required so that we may comply with laws or regulations that govern our Organization.
If you believe that the information we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or out-of-date, please contact us.
Access to Personal Information
Reasonable access to your personal information may be provided at no cost upon request made to our Organization. If access cannot be provided within 72 hours, we will provide the requesting party a date when the information will be provided. If for some reason access is denied, we will provide an explanation as to why access has been denied.
E-Newsletter Preferences and Opt-Outs
If you have provided us with your contact information, we may, subject to any applicable Spam Act or similar regulation, contact you via e-mail, postal mail or telephone about our programs, projects and events that may be of interest to you, including our newsletter.
E-newsletter communications you receive from our Organization will provide an unsubscribe link allowing you to opt-out of receiving future e-mails or to change your contact preferences. E-newsletter communications may also include a link to directly update and manage your preferences. Please remember that even if you opt out of receiving marketing e-mails, we may still send you important service information related a recurring donation subscription you may have with us.
You may contact us any time with questions or to ask us to change your preferences on your behalf.
We do not knowingly attempt to solicit or receive any information from anyone under the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal information, please contact us immediately.
Changes to our Privacy Statement
Our Organization may amend this Privacy Statement at any time by posting a new version. It is your responsibility to review this Privacy Statement periodically as your continued use of this web site represents your agreement with the then-current Privacy Statement.