Join us as we rally to raise support for school children in Tahoua, Niger!
- Where: Carderock Recreation Area (directions here)
- When: Sunday, October 15, 2:00 – 4:00 pm
- What: 5K run/walk on the beautiful C&O Canal Towpath begins at 2:30. Food, games, and prizes to follow!
The Hamsa Girls Education Center (Centre Hamsa pour l’Education des Filles “C.H.E.F”) seeks to provide safe learning space for adolescent girls and young women in Niger. The establishment of a high-quality education center with outreach programs will provide girls and young women between the ages of 10-22 increased access to educational opportunities and life-changing skills.
As a first step for the 2017-2018 school year we want to provide girls with more educational opportunities. The Hamsa Center Committee will begin an academic tutoring program for girls in their final year of elementary school. The program will provide enriching academic and life-skill activities to ensure their successful matriculation to secondary school.
The Maryland Rally for Niger goal is to raise $200 a girl for a total of 20 girls and $4,000.
Register for the Rally
Click here to register for the rally and order a t-shirt.
Help us spread the word
Tell your friends and family about the Rally by sharing this page or by creating a Facebook Fundraiser. Here’s how:
- Log into your Facebook page.
- Click on Fundraisers in the left menu of your News Feed (look under Explore).
- Select Raise Money.
- Follow the instructions following “Get Started”.
- Select Nonprofit/Charity.
- Type in Remember Niger Coalition, choose a cover photo and fill in the fundraiser details.
- Click Create.
Can’t make it to the Rally?
Please consider making a donation.